Providing Auto Insurance in Springfield, Illinois Since 1997
Making sure you have the right insurance for your vehicle can be challenging. Don’t worry, we’re here to help! The first thing you should know is that there are many different types of insurance plans that can be added or customized to fit your driving needs. However, there are two main coverage plans that all car owners should know: liability and full coverage insurance.
Liability coverage is a type of insurance that strictly covers any damage you may have caused to others when in an accident or driving. This type of coverage pays for medical costs up to a certain amount, depending on the state you live in, and is generally recommended for drivers who have previously been in accidents. Almost every state requires some form of liability coverage on every vehicle.
- Full coverage insurance protects against damage that may happen to your car in various circumstances. There are two different types of full coverage insurance that are worth noting: collision and comprehensive.
- Collision insurance covers any damage caused to your vehicle by another car, hitting an animal or object, or driving off the road.
- Comprehensive insurance is meant to cover damage that is caused by unpreventable instances from weather storms, fire, or theft.
How is My Insurance Priced?
There are many factors that go into your auto insurance plans, making them completely unique and specific to your personal needs. Here are a few factors that ALF takes into consideration when customizing your insurance package:
Where You Live
Where you live can impact the rate of your insurance. Moving even 15 minutes into another town can affect your rate. For questions on which rate you fall into in Springfield, IL, contact ALF Insurance at (217) 525-5255.
Age can play a role in determining what rate you’ll be given. Your insurance rate is going to be significantly different if you are a teenage driver or have 15+ years of experience.
Legal Marital Status
Are you legally married? The status of your marriage can also impact your car insurance rate. Generally, married couples can get lower car insurance rates than those who are considered “single”.
It’s no secret the more tickets you have, the more it will factor into the rate of your insurance every month. Even if you have paid for your tickets and are up to date—those tickets will show up when the insurance company runs your motor vehicle record and will still affect the rate. ALF Insurance takes into consideration that no driving record is perfect and will work with you to determine the type of coverage that best suits you and your driving record.
One of the biggest milestones for a teenager is getting their license. However, as a parent, you must be wondering what that means for your insurance. New drivers have very little experience on the road, and this means that until they gain that experience, having them ensured may be a little pricey at first. Don’t worry! At ALF Insurance, we are dedicated to finding you the best rates, even for your new drivers. Here are some ground rules you can set with your teen to ensure they are driving responsibly while lowering those rates faster:
- At a certain age in many states, teenagers under the age of 21 can only have a certain amount of passengers in the car. Limit this number for them to avoid excess distractions.
- Give them a curfew.
- Limit the distance and areas that they can drive.
- Remind them of the dangers of drinking and driving under the influence or riding with friends that are.
- Try not to eat and drink while driving.
- Absolutely no texting!
- Use hands-free talk options.